I was thinking of a feature that is unique and different from other RSS readers.
- You would have a settings tab in settings maybe called "Search Term Alerts" and can be enabled or disabled in addition to normal notifications RSS alerts.
- The user would type in keywords or short phrases that he would like to be notified about, with a timer and also the rss links he has already added to be included for search results.
- A popup alert would look different than RSS alerts where it would mention ALERT on the popup window.
- It would show the results you put in for search term alerts.
- This would help the user get the news he wants instead of all trivial and unecessary news to him.
Besides the fact that this is a great idea, i think it would separate your news feed reader from all the rest of them out there.
just an idea!