Version 0.18.4 loading issue

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
xS3NORW4KOx

Everytime I go to load the program, it will load to 90%, and after a few minutes I will get an error message box pop up stating it 

"QuiteRSS has stopped working"

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programd and notify you if a solution is available." and then asks to close the program.

Does anyone else havethis issue and a fix? 

It started happening in version 0.18.2 but it would still open, but now it will not even open. I would appreciate some help.

Sheldon
Hi,

Hi,

which os do you use?

Maybe your db is corrupted. Please try a fresh portable version.
You can import your feeds using OPML under

File -> Export Feeds (old installation)
File -> Import Feeds (portable version).

If that works fine just copy the file feeds.db of the old installation to the portable version.
If afterwards the problem occurs again with the portable version you can be sure that the db is the culprit.

Kind regards,

Sheldon

xS3NORW4KOx
I can download a portable

I can download a portable version on my laptop? Will it be possible to bring over all my feeds the new portable version or do I need to start fresh?

Thank you for your quick response. I have been a long time user and really like QuiteRSS. Very impressed on how quickly you responded.

xS3NORW4KOx
I can download a portable

I can download a portable version on my laptop? Will it be possible to bring over all my feeds the new portable version or do I need to start fresh?

Thank you for your quick response. I have been a long time user and really like QuiteRSS. Very impressed on how quickly you responded.

Sheldon
You can install the portable

You can install the portable version beside your old installation. There is no need for uninstalling the old installation in the first place.
Your feeds can be exported from the old installation and imported to the portable version as described above.