WARNING: QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

I am seeing this error "WARNING: QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting" in my debug.log file every time QuiteRSS crashes (which seems to be about 4-5 times/day). As far as I can tell, it is not related to any particular feed being updated and I'm wondering if it might even have to do with the news filters. There isn't anything else in the logs before it that gives me an indication as to the cause. Any thoughts how I can troubleshoot? Thanks.

Version 0.18.9 (01.12.2017)
Revision 3750
Includes: Qt-5.4.2, SQLite-3.21.0, WebKit-538.1

Hi,

Hi,

does QuiteRSS crash during performing the filters?

Do you use regular expressions in your filters? If so please check them.

Kind regards,

Sheldon

 

Quote: Hi, does QuiteRSS

Quote:
Hi, does QuiteRSS crash during performing the filters? Do you use regular expressions in your filters? If so please check them. Kind regards, Sheldon  

It's unclear when the crashes happen as I don't see any indication of when a feed is updating vs. the filters are running. I do have hundreds of words that run on a few filters (if found, mark read). Is there a way to turn on detailed logging to get a better sense? I don't use regular expressions.

Still trying to figure this

Still trying to figure this out but it appears when I uncheck Options > General > Store a DB in memory (required program restart), I don't see any crashes.

So that might be the reason.

So that might be the reason. Maybe you don't properly clean-up your feeds.db. What is the size of that file? If you keep a big file in the memeory you might get such problems.

Quote: So that might be the

Quote:
So that might be the reason. Maybe you don't properly clean-up your feeds.db. What is the size of that file? If you keep a big file in the memeory you might get such problems.

Possibly that's the reason, although I do clean-up my feeds.db very often (sometimes as often as once/week). Also, I notice the crashes occur even immediately after the clean-up (in fact, I just did a permanent delete of all past articles, although I know that many would show up again - a crash still occurred). My feeds.db file is 1.28 GB.

Since unchecking Options >

Since unchecking Options > General > Store a DB in memory, the program hasn't crashed once. So it appears that's a trigger of the problem. As I have 16 GB memory on my machine, I can't imagine saving 1.28 GB in memory should be a problem.

That's what I expected. The

That's what I expected. The db seems to be corrupted. How many news records are displayed in the program? From a rough estimation you should find about 1,28 million news records. I guess you don't, do you? if so the clean-up didn't work properly. Perhaps we need to do it manually.

Quote: That's what I expected

Quote:
That's what I expected. The db seems to be corrupted. How many news records are displayed in the program? From a rough estimation you should find about 1,28 million news records. I guess you don't, do you? if so the clean-up didn't work properly. Perhaps we need to do it manually.

Oh! Most certainly I don't have that many; I have probably 10,000 records. Would you tell me please the process for cleaning it up manually?

I think I was able to get the

I think I was able to get the clean-up to work because my feeds.db file is now 201 MB and I'm not seeing any crashes. Thanks for your help.