Very slow update for one particular website (needs fix)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have no idea why but the past week or so, this website has not been updating with QuiteRSS. I get a very long delay that doesn't update. Previously, I had no problem with this site:

https://moetron.net/

https://moetron.net/rss

Please fix this

 

 

Hi,

Hi,

I just tested the feed and it works fine. The update is as usual. Perhaps it's some temporary effect.

Kind regards,

Sheldon

I don't get the update until

I don't get the update until many hours later. How fast does it does the site work for you? From time of the update posted and received

I monitored the feed for some

I monitored the feed for some days and didn't face any problem. The update takes just a second.

So it might be related to your system.
Please try the portable version. You can get it from our download area.
 

Quote: I monitored the feed

Quote:
I monitored the feed for some days and didn't face any problem. The update takes just a second. So it might be related to your system. Please try the portable version. You can get it from our download area.  

 

Do you have the exact link for this? I tried the portable version (not sure if I even downloaded the right one). It still doesn't update. Their latest posts haven't updated today yet.

Seems QuiteRSS works with any other website except this one. I really have no idea why this is happening. This is the only website not getting updates until much later.

See this:

See this:

I received the updates many hours later.

The published date is what

The published date is what QuiteRSS gets from the xml file.

I guess the xml file is updated perhaps every hour. So the first record comes later.

To verify this you need to check the rss xml file on the server side.

Here you find the portable edition of QuiteRSS.

https://quiterss.org/files/0.18.12/QuiteRSS-0.18.12.zip

Quote: The published date is

Quote:
The published date is what QuiteRSS gets from the xml file. I guess the xml file is updated perhaps every hour. So the first record comes later. To verify this you need to check the rss xml file on the server side. Here you find the portable edition of QuiteRSS. https://quiterss.org/files/0.18.12/QuiteRSS-0.18.12.zip

How do I verify the rss xml file to fix this? 

Btw, I tried the portable QuiteRSS version and it's pretty much the same thing, not updating until hours later. Funny thing is, this only started happening a few weeks ago. Had no problem with it before.

So it seems to be the xml.

So it seems to be the xml. You can download it from the website or open the feed f. e. in Firefox,

I'm pretty sure that this is the culpret.

Quote: So it seems to be the

Quote:
So it seems to be the xml. You can download it from the website or open the feed f. e. in Firefox, I'm pretty sure that this is the culpret.

 

Hmm curious but how come yours works as normal with the updates? Is this an unique or universial problem?

I only checked the feed in

I only checked the feed in general. I did not check the time.

Anyway there is nothing you can do about this. You just get what is in the xml file.