QuiteRSS hangs at 30% while loading after a shutdown (Xubuntu 14.04 64-bit)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kirill De Vries

Ok, I did not know where to ask this, so I'll post my problem here.

The program stopped working after a shutdown (the PSU got accidentally disconnected) – the application can be launched, but then it hangs at 30% at the loading screen (splashscreen). I suspect this might also have something to do with the fact that the option to keep the database in memory and then save it every now and then was ticked; the database apparently was not saved and therefore is now lost.

How do I solve this problem? Because until I do, I have to use Liferea instead, and this means I can no longer access my starred articles.

Funcy-dcm
Try to restore from a backup.

Try to restore from a backup. The path to the file can be found here: "Help - About - Information"

Kirill De Vries
Quote: Try to restore from a

Quote:
Try to restore from a backup. The path to the file can be found here: "Help - About - Information"

Sorry, but didn't I say the program hangs at 30% while loading? I cannot access the section.
P.S. I found the backup file, but what do I do with it? Remember, I the program does not load (it stops at 30%) and therefore does not start.

snakyjake
I had the same problem.

I had the same problem.

Solution:

Delete the feeds.db-journal file.

Sheldon
Hi,

Hi,

please replace the files feeds.db and QuiteRSS.ini by the latest from the backup and start QuiteRSS. You will have to rename the backup files first because they carry the date in their name.

Kind regards,

Sheldon

Mrokii
I have the same problem and

I have the same problem and tried the solution (renaming both original files and using a backup) + trying without using backup-files (using no files, so QuiteRSS should start with an empty database and config, as far as I understand. QuiteRss crashed with showing "30%" on the splashscreen. When I start it from the terminal (on Kubuntu 16.10), I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". I am using QuiteRss 0.18.4. And for completeness sake: There is no "feeds.db-journal" file as far as I can tell.

Mrokii
Important additiional info: I

Important additiional info: I have made a test and it's definitely not an issue with the database- or the ini-file. I used both to start QuiteRss successfully on another system (Fedora 25). Before the problem appeared on my regular system I had updated Kubuntu 5.7 to 5.8. There may be a problem with one of the updated system-components.