18.6 tray icon disappears

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

Windows 10 Creators. Icon is set to show number of posts. Not sure of when/how long it takes to not show anymore. The Taskbar setting in Win 10 is correct and

does not change.

Hi,

Hi,

sorry, I need to ask what the problem is exactly?
Does the icon disappear after some time or is the number of new items not actualized?

Please provide your settings under

Tools -> Options -> System Tray

Kind regards,

Sheldon

Thanks for your reply,

Thanks for your reply,

The tray icon disappears and it is not a task bar setting in Windows 10 that changes.

Options :

Show system tray icon  CHECKED

Show count of unread news  CHECKED

Clear news status   CHECKED

Empty Set Checked

These 4 checked boxes are the settings I have used on last few versions

I tested it with your

I tested it with your settings in my system and it works fine.
So I assume the problem to be related to your system.

Did you change anything special lately?
What happens if you switch back to the previous version?

I wanted to report the

I wanted to report the problem in case others did. Not really a big problem.I have Quietrss on my two desktops which I do not use except about once a week.

I am in the process of moving so this will be put on the "back burner" for a time. If I come up with a solution, I will post about it.

Same for me in Linux KDE 5.10

Same for me in Linux KDE 5.10 - icon disappears after some time when new news come. They said application is using the deprecated system tray icon specification. The app should be ported to StatusNotifierItem.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=382728#c7

Quote: Same for me in Linux

Quote:
Same for me in Linux KDE 5.10 - icon disappears after some time when new news come. They said application is using the deprecated system tray icon specification. The app should be ported to StatusNotifierItem. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=382728#c7

We use Qt libraries to work with the system tray. Unfortunately, we can not update Qt to the latest version (maybe it's fixed in it).

I corrected the icons, they

I corrected the icons, they will be displayed correctly, but with the disappearances I do not know what to do

Quote: I corrected the icons,

Quote:
I corrected the icons, they will be displayed correctly, but with the disappearances I do not know what to do

Thanks, will wait for next version to see the results.